I had a big long post all written up, but it got lost in the posting process and now it's gone. It basically gushed about how much I love being here, I discussed how I basically laid around in bed and watched movies all weekend, and I talked a lot about some really good food I've been eating. I complained about how cold it is everywhere here (I can always see my breath in my flat, it's consistently warmer outside than inside, and it's about 2 degrees now) and I discussed ways of staying warm (hot water bottles, about seven hot drinks a day, cuddling with friends under the covers, and wearing about six layers at a time until you're so bundled up, you practically waddle everywhere and your mobility is decreased by about a ten-factor).
I talked about how Alice's parents are here in NZ and how we went out to Oamaru to meet up with them and saw the Elephant Rocks, these really sweet rocks in the middle of nowhere, and how we tried to see the blue-eyed penguins (NZ is really a lot closer to Antarctica than you think it is) but how her parents ditched out because they were too jet-lagged.
I talked about how I got to work with a seven-year -old and made the cutest mural of farm animals, played with bubbles, chalk, and balloons outside, and got class credit and will do my term project on it. I think I spent a lot of time describing my project, but it was probably pretty boring so I'll skip that part.
I'm sure there was more to it, but I forgot what else.
I made stuffed bell peppers for dinner today and they were really good. I went to the gym and worked out where I felt hot for the first time in months and appreciated the cold air coming in through the open windows. Then I got in the shower and saw steam coming off me when I got out in the freezing air. I just can't win.
Lots of love to everybody at home, if you have sun shining appreciate it because some of us are freezing our tucheses off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
please, i always appreciate sunshine. you're the one that makes fun of me for enjoying the sun, miss i-live-in-LA-so-sun-happens-all-the-time.
speaking of sun, i'm eating THE BEST sandwich outside, in it (the sun, that is).
ingredients:
whole wheat bread
extra sharp cheddar cheese
half of a red bell pepper
thinly sliced red onion
spring mix lettuce
tomato, thinly sliced
AVOCADO
mustard
white bean hummus (DELICIOUS)
believe me, if heaven exists in a culinary form, this is it. i mean, we both known that it exists in other edible forms (m&c? peroghi? yes.), but this is proof that sandwiches can be heavenly.
if you come home sooner, you'll get more sun. just think about it.
abrazos, besitos, sol y buena onda
la hermanita/aka el lobo solitario
Post a Comment