Monday, April 28, 2008

woof! wwoof!

All right, it's the moment you've all been waiting for...pictures from the past two weekends! Browse the pictures and comment away to your heart's delight! Lonely wolf, no snarky comments about the low level of begging I've reached.


The caravan I stayed in while wwoofing in Cheviot. I think it's probably older than I am, but it's still pretty sweet.

Nappy Nap beach, the beach where we gathered seaweed for the compost pile. I rode the bike back out there later, and spent a long time watching the waves, totally mesmerized by the crashing noises and the in and out motion of the waves. So cool. In my totally objective opinion, the Pacific Ocean is certainly at the top of the list of Coolest Oceans in the World (nerdiest list ever).

Peter the Peacock, their pet peacock that turns 21 about two weeks after I do.

Maggie, the rescued magpie that was terrorizing me the entire time. She's not as friendly as she looks.

The sheep, one is Gordon and the other is Ferdinand.

Me in the vegetable garden, where I spent most of my time.

The entrance to their property.

A kea we found on the hike in Arthur's Pass. So cool!

This is from the past weekend at Arthur's Pass, this is the cave we went caving in.

Evan climbed up the rocks and took this looking down on all of us.

To get in the cave, you had to go through this really deep section of water. Everybody else just pulled up their shirts a little bit so they didn't get too wet, but I had to swim through because I was too short.

At the top of Avalanche Peak, the ridge of the mountain was really jagged and the edge of the mountain was also really rocky and steep. It was mildly terrifying.

Castle Hill, where they have the weirdest rocks in the middle of nowhere. The boys climbed up this big one, but since they already got up there, nobody was left to give me a push and I wasn't tall enough to climb up. Sometimes being short has its disadvantages.

I probably spent a collective six hours raking leaves from under this tree--I had to rake on two separate occasions. Doesn't it make more sense to only rake once, once all the leaves are gone? Still, it was quite picturesque.

During the Avalanche Peak hike, we had this amazing view right after we hiked up past the treeline. Jane, me, and Patrick.

The whole group at the top of the hike. From left to right on the back row it's me, Bart (Evan's friend from Middlebury), Jess, Evan, Dan, and in the front on the left, Patrick, Jane, and Joe.

At Castle Hill, playing around in the rocks. This is pretty much Joe in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting pictures! They make it seems so much more real. GG Stolers have a house in their neighborhood with rocks like those, only smaller. Cool!!

Michelle said...

oh goodness it HAS gotten low.
the pic with the wheelbarrow and leaves would look nice with a gerber baby face in the middle of a flower, you know those hallmark cards?
yeah.

The Balance Beam Situation said...

-These pictures aren't in chronological order. F-
-Other snarky things.
-The word verification I have to type in to make this comment is "alomg"
.............................