I don't have a whole lot of time, but as I'm sitting here eating my new favorite breakfast (feijoa muesli with cornflakes and bananas on top), I thought I would mention the most recent excitement in my life, namely I HAVE NOW SAT THROUGH 2.5 LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES.
No, that's not the excitement in my life though it is quite an impressive accomplishment--each movie is over 4 hours long! The real excitement is that THE PADRES HAVE ARRIVED INTO THE BEAUTY THAT IS NEW ZEALAND and they're in friendly Dunedin for two more days!!!! We went out for Thai food last night which was delicious, and they got to meet my flatmates and take part in the culinary wonder that is Evan's apple pie and the culinary wonder that is my cookies with double the amount of butter they're supposed to have (I did you proud, Julia and Daria!). Today we're off to the Cadbury chocolate factory for a tour (and hopefully heaps and heaps of free chocolate), I'll introduce them to Gladys the Gladiator (my coolas Beamer), show them around the Otago campus, and take them up to Baldwin St, the steepest street in the world. Since I have to do things like attend class, they'll hit up the brewery tour and then they'll come over for the culinary wonder that is Rachel's Night To Cook (actually, Rachel Taking Over the Cooking Responsibilities from Joe, but we'll let it slide) and it will be fabulous!!
Off to inspect the icky scab/pus on my knee (who knew a little slip on a mountain would take so long to heal??! ughhh) and get ready for a Day of Fun! Woo hoo!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi, fam! i'm eating new zealand white cheddar cheese now...does that count?
my ant farm and i miss you guys bunches.
p.s. NOLA HERE I COME!!! we're going to do some vagina celebratin' and learn a lot about the campaign to end violence against women worldwide. i'm stoked! we even have a hotel! and vday tickets! and flights! yessssss
Post a Comment