So I totally DOMINATED on my first exam, I think (knock on wood). I totally overstudied, which is better than the alternative of understudying, and I knew the information in a much more nuanced context than we needed to. Hopefully that came through in my answers. All the questions were pretty simple and basic, and I was confident that I knew the correct answers and more to the questions. I suppose that makes sense--it's a 200-level class, and at this point in my academic career, I should be prepared to do well in a 200-level class.
Going to the exam itself was terrifying--there was this scary old man proctoring the exam and he kept pacing up and down, yelling at people who weren't properly filling out their cover forms on the Official Test-Taking Booklet, and glancing neurotically at the clock. We had to leave all our bags at the front of this giant auditorium with our cell phones off, and they had cell phone detectors to see if anybody secretly had theirs. If people had to leave, they had to sign a "T" with their hands and then a proctor would escort them to the restroom. You can't leave the exam during the first hour or during the last fifteen minutes, and they scan your ID card to make sure it's not a fake one. It's crazy! I can't believe they take their exams so seriously.
That being said, my first one is DONE! And my second one is a 100-level class, which means the exam is going to be ridiculously easy. I hope. Not that I'm not studying. It's not till the 18th, and today I brought out my notebook and started making flashcards, so I'm on a roll.
Loooooove to the warmer United States folk from the freezing Antarctic-esque NZ folk!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good lord, that is the most intense-sounding exam EVER! CELL PHONE DETECTORS? ID SCANNING? Do the NZ students think that it's intense too or is it just normal to them?
Thank you for your sentiments on my blog and I wanted you to know that your photos of an actual glacier are super cool...haha...get it...STOP IT ECUTS STOP IT RIGHT NOW.
August shall bring the thunderous reunion to be known as E-CUTS AND R-STOLES 2-GETHAH AGAIN. And then it will be amazing. When do you come back to the States? I expect a fax or telepathic message from you too! <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment