
I have some time between classes, so I thought I'd do another quick photo-update, this time of some pics from my recent trip to Queenstown.
1. Me in front of the plane I jumped from at 15,000 feet!
2. The gorgeous mountains everywhere...this is from Wanaka, looking out onto the Queenstown mountains.
3. The group I went with...Dan from Massachusetts on the left, Jenn from Auckland, Claire from Germany, me, Patrick from Texas.
4. Me and Dan by the prettiest lake in Wanaka, in the background is the mountain range with Mt. Aspiring, where we hiked.
5. Me driving stickshift on the left side of the road! Note the fact that I'm sitting in the driver's seat, on the right. Trippy.
My classes so far are good... my world music class looks interesting, if not a little tedious with the amount of memorization of songs we have to do. There's tons of opportunities to play cool instruments though, and we get to see a Chinese drumming troupe this upcoming Monday. My child development class also looks really good, but it's the easiest 300-level class I've ever taken...I have a 4 page paper, and I have to spend 3-5 hours with a child and do a project with them. Easy peasy. That's it! It looks interesting though, and I'm excited to see how it'll turn out, especially since at Oxy we don't have anything like this in our ed. department.
I'm off to find some CDs for my music class and to buy some books for my classes. Loves!
8 comments:
when did you learn to drive stick shift?
did i tell you that when i babysat last weekend i thought i lost a kid? did i tell you that when i babysat again for aforementioned family this weekend that my landlord, aka The Silver Fox, went out with the parents? and did i tell you that i feel like i'm in high school again because i'm currently babysitting for THREE families and teaching neighborhood children spanish? and did i tell you that i bungee jumped off of a rock into a blue lake below? oh wait, that's your life, not mine.
BUT DID I TELL YOU THAT I'M SEEING MISSY HIGGINS ON THURSDAY????
the way i see it, we're currently at approximately:
R- 48 NZ/Australia points
M- 3.8 NZ/Australia points
HOWEVER, once i meet missy, i'd say we'll be about equal. but once i shake her hand, i'll just whiz ahead. you probably don't even want to think about how far ahead i'll be once i take her out for coffee.
miss you, fly me out to nz for a long weekend? i'll even skip my clases for it.
Hi love bug. I love how close you are to the steering wheel. It makes me realize how much I love you.
Jew.
Thanks for all the great pics. I'm happy to see that both the plane and you are on the ground safely. Wait a minute - is that a "before" or "after" picture?
Michelle - I am dying of jealousy of you.
Rachel - eh.
Love,
Spencer
15000 feet!? Seriously, get off of American measurements!
:p
Wow. You actually jumped? I find that hard to believe, but maybe you changed since I last saw you. Ah well.
Hope all is well. See you soon... or eventually. :p
~Your Oldest Cousin
Ryan, I feel like I should clarify...there was no way I would have ever jumped out of that plane out of my own volition, but there's a guide strapped onto you that actually shoves you out of the plane so that you have no choice but to plummet for 65 seconds and have the best dive of your life. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably still be in that plane right now.
The picture of you driving pretty much sums up why my life is mejor with you in it. Ohhh R-stoles.
There is a girl on my program who was at SPITZER!!! She had the Nalgene and I was like "OH EM GEE LET'S DISCUSS!" Can you believe it? Small world.
Miss you but having a good time getting adjusted here and I am always glad to hear about your adventures in NZ--love and luck coming your away always!
Post a Comment