Yesterday I took a trip out to the Taieri Gorge by train which was pretty cool. We went on this kind of rickety rail and got to hike around once we got out there. We hiked out to these edgy rocks and climbed one and then got a free BBQ meal which is always exciting. Since my house is currently stocked only with muesli bars (granola bars, kiwi-style), olive oil, and some rolls, I'm not one to turn down a free meal. To get out there, we passed through this really forested area, through some tunnels, and over some bridges over some really lovely streams. It was a cool trip and an excellent introduction to New Zealand landscape. When I got back, the two other girls (the kiwis) were sitting out front in the lawn on the couch, which they had dragged out there, and were just having a good time. I love the laid-back environment out here! Some areas of town are just college-crazy, but I lucked out in living in just a really chill area. Jess bought a giant string of garlic cloves so we're best friends already, and Jane says the only food she doesn't like is mushrooms, so I can tell this is going to work out great.
Tonight I might take off for Queenstown with some friends in another flat and I might go bungee jumping out there! I have to look into pricing, but I've finally figured out that even though stuff gets expensive out here, there's nothing I would rather be spending my money on and that this is a great use of my savings. While I'm out in Queenstown, I probably won't get internet, but I'll be sure to update when I get back, hopefully with all the gory details of my adventuresome life and hopefully without a story of how I broke my leg or something tragic like that. Kidding, of course--I'll stay safe and have tons of fun too.
Love!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Got pics?
Thanks for your call. You sure are getting an education in more ways than one. Glad you are having such a fabulous time. Love you lots....
Post a Comment