I'm apparently computer illiterate and am having a hard time with the picture posts, so I can't add captions to each individual picture. Either way, intelligent people should be able to figure it out. The giant, massive mountain surrounded by a layer of fog is Mt. Cook, the highest peak in Australasia (don't ask what that is, we're still working on it). The one with the greyish water is the Hooker Glacier. The large chunk in the middle of it is part of the glacier that's melted off, and the ice surrounding the water is glacier too. The one with four of us is with the mountains that surround Mt. Cook behind us. From left to right, it's me, Patrick, Claire, and Dan. The one with the lake is from the road, the lake is Lake Tekapo, it's this bright ice blue lake. I've never seen a more vivid, bright color in a natural lake. The boulders are the Moeraki Boulders, off the Oamaru coast.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Pictures are fixed now
I'm apparently computer illiterate and am having a hard time with the picture posts, so I can't add captions to each individual picture. Either way, intelligent people should be able to figure it out. The giant, massive mountain surrounded by a layer of fog is Mt. Cook, the highest peak in Australasia (don't ask what that is, we're still working on it). The one with the greyish water is the Hooker Glacier. The large chunk in the middle of it is part of the glacier that's melted off, and the ice surrounding the water is glacier too. The one with four of us is with the mountains that surround Mt. Cook behind us. From left to right, it's me, Patrick, Claire, and Dan. The one with the lake is from the road, the lake is Lake Tekapo, it's this bright ice blue lake. I've never seen a more vivid, bright color in a natural lake. The boulders are the Moeraki Boulders, off the Oamaru coast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Where did you get the coat? It's cute. Looks like it was much needed as you look chilly. Thanks for posting these; they allow us to really get a feel for what the area is like. How about some of your flat?
Sorry Rachel, but I can't see the pictures. All I see are the placemarker icons.
Incredible pictures! Thanks for posting and fixing them. I'd advise everyone to click on each picture, because the thumbnails in the post then blow up into really nice, clear large pictures for our viewing enjoyment.
Rachel, when you have more time: more pictures, please!
ditto on the jacket.
also, i've developed the ability to drink brewed coffee with just milk (half-and-half being preferable though) and without sugar. you have a lot of catching up to do. like, a lot. i'm going for black coffee status soon because that will give me unprecedented levels of coolness.
also, i'm commenting so much because i remember the comments being the best part of having a blog. not because i have no academic life. because i do. and you don't. and that's saddening.
Post a Comment