Wednesday, January 9, 2008

17 days till departure!

Greetings all!

This will be my travel blog for all things related to the other side of the world--my two and a half weeks of traveling Australia, my semester at the U of Otago, and any extra traveling that occurs during my time down under. Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures and give a visual update of my adventures as well.

I leave for Australia on January 26 (with the generous financial support of Grandma and Grandpa, who allowed me to extend the amount of time I spend down there), and will travel around the east coast of Australia until February 14, when I meet up with my group in Auckland. I'll spend the semester studying in Dunedin, New Zealand at the University of Otago living in a flat with two "kiwi hosts" and two other international students. My kiwi hosts are named Janey and Jess, they are finishing up their degrees at the university. They live on the North Island and seem extremely friendly.

For those that are extra-cool and feel like sending me mail (you know you want to!), you can write to me by mailing a letter to:

Rachel Stoler
515 Great King Street, Dunedin
NEW ZEALAND

I won't be there till Feb. 17, and I don't think my lease starts until then, so its probably best to wait till after I'm settled in to start sending the hordes of mail.

As always, comments are not only welcome, but definitely encouraged!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! ooh! The first wild comment!

Anonymous said...

Ok. Cool. It's up. Expect me to comment here a lot more than I did with your sister. (Sorry Michelle) I didn't know about Michelle's until later, but I'm up bright and early this time! Good Luck in your overseas education, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

To anonymous: Does it really matter who gets the first comment?

Anonymous said...

That's great! I'll keep checking. I'm not sure how regularly I'll comment, but I'll be glad when it finally gets going. You're so close to leaving. You'll have to teach me some New Zealand slang when you get back.

:)
^_^

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you real soon Rach in the land down under!